Homemade Milky Way Candy Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 2mins
- 2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 lb dipping chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- Combine marshmallow cream and melted chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- Gently fold until thoroughly incorporated.
- Let stand, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- With your hands, form mixture into bars of desired size and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- (If mixture is too sticky to handle, it needs more melted chocolate.) Melt dipping chocolate or remaining chocolate chips in microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every thirty seconds to prevent scorching.
- Dip bars into melted chocolate, and place back on cookie sheet.
- Put in freezer for about 10 minutes, or until chocolate sets.
- Variation: for Snickers bars, soften some caramels and flatten onto on bars before dipping in chocolate.
- Press peanuts into caramel, then harden bars in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Dip in chocolate according to the above instructions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION