Homemade Jelly Meatballs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Variation on Sweet/Sour Meatballs. Forget making that special trip to the store for chili sauce when you can make it yourself with ingredients in your pantry
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb (I use Ritz crackers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 32 ounces grape jelly
- 3 -4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- *Note* For extra lazy meatballs use frozen meat balls, Heinz Chili sauce, and grape jelly however, I promise its not as good.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- First, make the meatballs: combine all meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix well; shape into 1-inch balls.
- Brown them in a nonstick frying pan until browned all over; drain on paper towel then place in a large ungreased casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- To make sauce, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, grape jelly, Worcestershire, dinnamon, and nutmeg in crockpot on low heat and stir until smooth.
- Add meatballs to sauce.
- If you want a lot, this recipe doubles well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION