Homemade Hot Chocolate
photo by Bobbin
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- Combine the chocolate,sugar,cinnamon and a 1/2 cup of the milk in a small but heavy sauce pan.
- Whisk constantly over a medium-low heat until the chocolate mixture melts and forms a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining milk and whisk until warmed through.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe and so easy. The flavor was so much more flavorful and richer than the store bought packets. I used 1.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1.5 ounces Andes chocolate mint pieces. Because I was going for a minty taste, I omitted the cinnamon. This was fantastic. Can't wait to try it again with the cinnamon.
This was good but a little too bitter for my taste (I used Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet chocolate). I'm going to try it again with semi-sweet chocolate and/or more sugar. Made with skim milk. I will be passing this on to my dad as he loves hot chocolate and I think he would really enjoy this. Thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married father of four. I love to cook for my family as much as I can. But is hard when you have a wife that cooks as much as mine. Some of you might know her as The Recipe Fairy. It is also hard for me being a law enforcement officer. But when I get the chance I enjoy myself for I am cooking for my love ones.