Homemade Honey Granola
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got this recipe from Hillbillyhousewife.com, but I read the original recipe wrong and only put in half the margarine it called for. This recipe reflects what I did. It served my family of 4 with enough left over for one more serving.
- Ready In:
- Melt the margarine in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the honey and salt.
- Heat the honey briefly with the margarine and then add the oatmeal. Stir.
- Turn the mixture onto an ungreased 9 by 13-inch cookie sheet. Spread the granola out evenly and bake it at 375° for 10 minutes.
- It should be a toasty brown. Remove it from the oven and allow to cool and crisp up in the pan.
- Store it in a clean coffee can or sealed canister.
- Add 1/2 cup nuts and dried fruit if desired after granola is cool.
- Serve with milk, on yogurt, or eat by the handfull. Whatever suits you best.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION