Homemade Honey Dijon Mustard
If you are a lover of honey mustard, then this recipe is worth trying...it is so good, you won't be buying store-bought ever again, this lasts for 6 months in the fridge, but it will be gone long before then, you will be using it all the time! Note: this honey mustard can also be used as a dip.
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups mustard powder
- 3⁄4 water
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- In a small bowl, stir water and mustard powder together until smooth.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine wine, vinegar and all remaining ingredients (EXCEPT HONEY).
- Simmer, uncovered over medium heat until reduced by half (about 10-15 minutes).
- Pour reduced liquid through a strainer into the prepared mustard/water paste; whisk or stir till smooth.
- Cook mixture over med-low heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened (the mixture will thicken more as it cools).
- Stir in the honey.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in clean glass jars, cover tightly.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months (but it won't last that long!).