Homemade Egg Noodles by Geraldine
photo by Susiecat too
- Ready In:
- Beat egg, water and salt together.
- Add baking powder and 1/4 cup flour.
- Add more flour (enough to hold together) and turn on floured board.
- Knead a few times until smooth.
- Keep board and rolling pin well floured and roll dough thin.
- Let dough dry out (about 1 hr) then roll dough into a jelly roll & with a sharp knife cut dough into 1/8-1/4" slices.
- Carefully unroll dough and allow noodles to finish drying.
- Cook in 1 quart or more of boiling chicken or beef broth, cook 25 minutes or until tender.
- Noodles can be frozen for future use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I cannot rate this,since it didn't work out for me. And I so wanted it to be able to make it. I increased the flour to one cup and after one hour it still wasn't dry. I placed it in the refrigerator to be easier to work with.Maybe I did something wrong,since I couldn't cut it in nice stripes and the dough was kind of soft. I omitted the food coloring. We ended up with snake like looking noodles,which we cooked in a soup and my DDs enjoyed their "snake soup".When they'll open their zaar account I'm sure they'll rate this five stars.I'll have to give this another try.
Serves 6?!? Not in my house! LOL! These were very tasty, but served 1 for a main dish. I ended up using 1 cup of flour and made the noodles with my pasta machine. When they were about half dry, I boiled them in chicken broth for about 4-5 minutes and served tossed with a little butter. Yum! I also skipped the food colouring. Made for 1,2,3 Tag. Thanks!