Homemade Cream Cheese (Make Your Own)
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 30mins
- Pour milk and buttermilk into a large pan and suspend the thermometer in the milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the termperature reads 170 degrees.
- Keep the mixture on the heat and the temp of the milk between 170 and 175 degrees. After 30 minutes, the mixture should start to separate into curds (the lumps) and whey (the liquid).
- Line a strainer with several lavers of moistened cheesecloth and set it inside a large bowl to lift the curds from themilkmixture and lay them in the cheesecloth. Pour the remainder of the whey through the cheesecloth and save the whey for other recipes.
- Let curds drain at room temp for 2 to 4 hours. Remove the cheese from the cheescloth and place in blender with the salt. Blend until creamy.
- Store the cheese in small containers with tight fitting lids and refrigerate.
- Cheese can also be frozen thawed and then beaten again in blender until creamy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook is the first thing people find out about me. My main passion is my Nuwave oven and converting recipes to cook in my Nuwave. We are always looking for new recipes!!<br /><br /><br />Also, I love to help others! <br /><br /><br />If you find any of my recipes helpful or want to speak with me about it. Please drop me a line. If you wish to help with the Nuwave/Flavorwave Oven recipes please drop me a line or Chef At Heart - (Leanne) - http://www.recipezaar.com/member/416807 She is my partner in crime (Leanne) with Nuwave/Flavorwave recipes! <br /><br /><br />The second thing, I have several passions! One is for my Nu-Wave Oven which is the same as a Flavorwave Oven. <br /><br />The 3rd thing is I love my Crockpot. <br /><br /><a id=clustrMapsLink href=http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://www.recipezaar.com/member/531768><img src=http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/index2.php?url=http://www.recipezaar.com/member/531768 alt= /> <br /></a><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2106566&c=6320011 border=0 alt=Free Hit Counter /></a><a href=http://www.1-coupons.com/coupons/target.htm></a></p>