Homemade Chicken Soup With Wings
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 -5 lbs chicken wings, clean well (with enough water to cover everything)
- 1 whole white onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 celery, sliced 1/2 inch thick (use the whole thing)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half (1 for mild)
- 3 whole potatoes, peeled and cubed bite size
- 2 green zucchini, sliced 1inch thick
- 1 -2 chayote, cubed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup , knorr sabor latino and then to taste
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 whole cabbage, cut in 1 inch slices
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1) In a nice sized pot fill a little under half way with water and bring to a boil, meanwhile rinse off the chicken wings.
- 2)Rinse off all the vegetables and prepare the first 5 vegetables.
- 3) When the water is at a rolling boil add chicken wings, sabor latino, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cilantro, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and celery in that order.
- 4) Let simmer for about 30 minutes on medium- low heat, stirring occassionally, not to much you dont want mushy soup just enough to make sure nothing is sticking.
- 5) When ready add the remaining vegetables as followed: rinsed green beans, chayote, squash, potatoes, and sliced cabbage letting the cabbage sit on top do no push down or stir bring the food from the bottom up.
- 6) Let boil for another 15 minutes so that the vegetables can cook.
- 7) Let cool and serve with corn tortillas and lemon. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!