Homemade Cashew Butter Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 (8 ounce) package heath milk chocolate toffee pieces, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) can macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt, and reserve.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine unsalted cashews and vegetable oil and pulse until mixture forms a thick, smooth paste and reserve.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add rum and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture.
- Add cashew-vegetable oil mixture and beat well.
- Using a spoon, stir in salted cashews, oats, three-quarters of Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits and macadamia nuts.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Using a fork dipped in water, gently flatten cookies into a criss-cross pattern.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of remaining Heath Chocolate Toffee Bits on top of each cookie and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!