Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burger
I found this recipe on a flyer from our local grocery store. This recipe is really easy to make and these burgers are much less expensive to make then buying them at the store. I make my own black beans and then make a bunch of these then freeze them so I have them on hand.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai sweet chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion and garlic and combine with the mashed beans.
- Stir together egg, chili powder, cumin and chili sauce and combine into mix bean, veggie mixture.
- Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture holds together.
- Divide into 4 patties.
- Grill patties on lightly oiled foil on grill for 8 minutes on each side or bake in 375 degree oven on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 10 minutes on each side.