Home-Style Yeast Bread
Tried these for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. Very light and tasty.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 -8 cups bread flour
- Dissolve yeast and warm water in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs and 4 cups of flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 6-8 minutes).
- Place in a greased bowl and turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Punch down dough.
- Turn on floured surface and divide into thirds.
- Shape into loaves and place in three greased 9" X 5" X 3" loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION