Holy Crunchy Chicken Wings
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- cornstarch flour
- frying oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cloves whole garlic
- 1 cup dried halves chile
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1/4 cup sugar
- In a bowl, marinate chicken wings, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, 5 spice powder sugar, garlic, ginger. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a pan. Boiled then simmer until reduction.
- In a large pot or fryer, heat 3 inches of oil to 350 degrees. Drain the marinated chicken wings in the strainer. Put the cornstarch flour in a shallow bowl, add the wings and turn to coat. Fry the wings in batches until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, add butter, reduction sauce, whole garlic, and dried chilies over high heat until syrupy. Turn off heat, add crispy fried chicken wings and toss.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!