Holiday Raisin Nut Pumpkin Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (can substitue pecans if desired)
- 1 cup raisins (your preference-white or purple)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease loaf pans (can make in bundt pans but need to adjust timing). Mix oil, sugar, and eggs together in a large bowl. Mix in pumpkin puree. Stir together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in nuts and raisins and spread evenly into desired baking pan. Depending on oven, bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until done. Set aside to cool on wire racks before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">