- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2⁄3 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 48 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup melting white chocolate (or dark , cut into smal pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cream crisco, sugar,egg,milk and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour,baking powder,salt and baking soda.
- Beat into creamed mixture at low speed.
- Press dough in very thin layer around well drained cherries.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet 1 minutes then remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- For dipping chocolate.
- Melt chocolate of choice and crisco on very low heat or 50% power in microwave.Stir.
- Transfer chocolate to glass measuring cup and drop one cookie in at a time into chocolate. Use fork to turn.
- Lift cookie out of chocolate on fork let excess drip and place on wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans or coconut while chocolate is still wet (optional).
- Chill in refridgerator to set chocolate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>