A yummy Chinese alternative that combines a little bit of sweet, with a little bit of savory.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 8 -10 baby carrots
- 1 cup snow peas (as desired)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 jar kame hoisin sauce (brand)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried chives
- Dice the pork into small pieces, no larger than 1" cubed.
- Heat wok over med-high heat with a few tablespoons of sesame oil (enough to cover bottom of pan).
- When it starts to sizzle, add meat.
- Sprinkle with garlic, onion and chives (as desired).
- Keep stirring the meat until it is fully cooked.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Using the same oil you cooked the meat in, stir-fry the vegetables until they are heated through, yet remain crisp.
- Return meat to the pan and coat mixture well with hoisin sauce.
- Continue heating until sauce starts to bubble.
- Serve over steamed white rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION