photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- 8 chicken wings
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (substitute with barbeque sauce if not available)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (one or two pinches)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 -4 scallions, minced
- Mix mix the hoisin sauce, honey, soy/Chinese teriyaki sauce, salt, black pepper, ginger, garlic and scallion together. Marinate the chicken wings in this mixture for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F Put the chicken wings onto skewers, two per skewer, and put on a baking tray or cookie sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, basting occasionally with the marinade.
- Change oven setting to "broil" and broil for 5-8 minutes, changing sides and basting occasionally to prevent the chicken from burning.
- Take out from the oven; remove from the skewers and serve.
- Tip: Skewers aren't necessary, I just use skewers because basting is easier and there's lesser chances of the chicken skin getting stuck to the tin foil on the baking tray or cookie sheet.
- Suggestion: I put in a tiny bit of extra-hot pepper paste when I make this for my boyfriend because he likes doesn't like anything too sweet. In case you don't have that, just increase the black pepper or use cayenne pepper instead.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Outstanding flavour! This recipe took less then five minutes to prepare and I had all the ingredients at home. I marinated the wings overnight and the flavour really soaked into them. Hubby is not a big wings fan but he really enjoyed the flavours of this recipe. Little Miss (DD) and I also enjoyed the recipe. Thank you Swati Banerjee