Hoisin-Honey Beef With Couscous
photo by Tread
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 12 green onions
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- Cut steak across the grain in bite sized strips. Place in a large bowl and stir in the Honey, Hoisin, Garlic, and Ginger and let it rest.
- Chop pepper into 1 inch chunks and cut green onions into one inch lengths.
- In a medium pan bring broth up to a boil. Salt to taste. Add couscous and carrots. Mix quickly and close tightly and turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in a wok or wide nonstick skillet on high heat. Add sweet pepper and stir fry for one minute then add the green onions for one minute more. Take off heat and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Put wok back on high heat. When hot add the steak mixture and stir fry to desired doneness. I like mine medium. Add the onions and peppers, warm through and coat with honey hoisin mixture.
- Put couscous in bowls and spoon meat mixture over couscous.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I dig food.