Hoisin Five -Spice Chicken Pieces
Quick and easy sweet chicken dish.
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 chicken pieces (thighs drumsticks)
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F Put chicken in shallow baking dish lined with foil.
- Stir together the hoisin sauce, salt, pepper and the Chinese five-spice powder.
- Brush the mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Bake in upper third of oven until skin browned and chicken is cooked through, approx 30-40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I did 9 drumsticks for 3 persons (only used 7) but used the full amount of the sauce ingredients and smothered the drumsticks in it and put them in the baking tray and in the refrigerator for a few hours before taking out 30 minutes before wanting to cook them. They were well packed in the dish (and on the large side) and I baked them at 175C fanforced for 1 hour and they were cooked to perfection, beautifully moist and full of flavour - it surprised me how much the 5 spice flavour came out in the dish (I contemplated adding a little more but glad I didn't it was perfect for us). Thank you Evie*, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.
This was great!! And can it get any easier? I particularly liked the fact that the five-spice powder wasn't overwhelming -- it gave lots of flavor, but didn't punch you in the mouth with anise. (In other words, it was a good amount.) I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and they cooked BEAUTIFULLY -- not at all dry. My husband really liked the way the chicken came out. I'll definitely make this again -- thanks for posting!