Hoisin Chicken Thighs
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 8 chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Combine hoisin sauce, beer, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Remove 1/2 cup of this mixture and reserve. Add chicken thighs to bowl, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 2 hours or over night.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Remove chicken from hoisin mixture and place, skin side down, on lightly oiled grate over medium-high heat. Grill 10 minutes; turn and brush with 1/3 of reserved hoisin mixture. Grill an additional 10 minutes; turn again and brush with another 1/3 of the hoisin mixture. Grill 5 minutes more and turn chicken one last time and brush with remaining hoisin mix. Grill 4 to 6 minutes longer until cooked through and instant read thermometer reads 170°F at thickest part of thigh.
Join The Conversation
Too cold for the b-b-q/grill and well I just don't do iit anyway, so made in the frypan (was considering oven method as per Mikekey's suggestion) but oppted for frypan and it took just over 30 minutes for some of the lovely moist boneless/ckinless chicken thighes and well the up was I had some lovely sauce in the pan to serve over them (would be great with rice and to drizzle over that as well). Made for PapaD's cookathon,