Hillshire Farm Autumn Country Fondue
For weekend family fun when the weather turns cool, there's nothing like gathering around the table for some fondue dipping. I found this on the iVillage website, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces processed American cheese, shredded
- Combine onion soup mix, 1 cup of wine and lemon juice in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Turn setting to low and add cheeses in small amounts, stirring until cheese is melted. Add remainder of wine as needed.
- Transfer sauce to heating dish or fondue pot. Serve fondue with smoked sausage and bread chunks. Dip in the pieces of smoked sausage with fondue forks, allowing to sit for a few seconds to heat through. If you prefer, you could quickly fry the sausage before serving.
- Tip: You could also use bread sticks and fresh veggies with this fondue.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION