Hershey Bar Pecan Roca
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A family friend from New Orleans learned how to make this over 30 years ago and has been making it ever since. When I found out how simple the recipe was, I wrote it down immediately to add to my collection.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar, heaping
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars, Hersheys (full size, no nuts)
- Spread the chopped pecans in a rimmed baking sheet, pulling them away from the edges, since the recipe does not make enough to cover the pan.
- In a large heavy pot, melt butter and sugar together, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon. Mixture will begin to bubble. Continue to cook, stirring regularly, until the mixture turns to an amber color.
- Carefully pour hot mixture over the pecans in a thin stream, making sure to cover all of the nuts. While the mixture is still hot, place the unwrapped chocolate bars on top. As they melt, spread the chocolate over the pecans and hot sugar.
- Place tray in the fridge to cool. Once cool, they can be broken up into chunks. These do not need to be refrigerated. This recipe freezes well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION