- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, and nutmeg; beat till combined.
- Beat in egg and coffee. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Stir in raisins and chopped pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on an ugreased cookie sheet. Bak in a 375 ove for 8 to 10 minutes or till edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Well, it's possible I shouldn't even be reviewing this recipe, BUT I WILL, in spite of the fact that I substituted strong tea for the 'strong brewed coffee!' So, even though I DON'T know what the hermits SHOULD taste like with the coffee, I can tell you that they're JUST GREAT with tea!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and I love to cook, but I rarely ever have the time to cook as often as I like. I love trying different foods and enjoy learning to make new foods. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">