Herbed Spinach Balls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This came from Weight Watchers Cookbook from the library.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. In medium mixing bowl, combine spinach, onion, egg and margarine, mixing well. Add remaining ingredients and mix till combined.
- Using rounded teaspoonfuls, shape mixture into 16 balls. Spray cooking spray on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and place balls on cookie sheet. Bake until balls are cooked and lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this recipe as a little snack for DD. I don't know what she thinks of it but I grabbed a couple on my way out the door to go to work and I think they're terrific. I'll definitely be making this again. I made a couple of changes to the recipe. There was fresh spinach in the fridge that needed to be used up so I steamed it in the microwave, squeezed out the excess moisture once it cooled down and chopped it up in place of the frozen spinach and I used fresh garlic rather than garlic powder. Thanks for sharing.Reply