I found this easy snack recipe when looking for different ways to use garden herbs. Although I haven't made this yet I am planning on making this when rosemary is ready for use. Recipe source: Garden Guide 2004. Prep time includes 48 hours standing time.
- Ready In:
- 48hrs 7mins
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 12 sprigs rosemary, cut into 6-inch long pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, optional
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add popcorn kernels, rosemary sprigs and 1 teaspoon salt to oil.
- Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature for 48 hours.
- Drain kernels, reserving 3 tablespoons oil, discard rosemary.
- In a large dutch oven place the 3 tablespoons of reserved oil and add corn kernels.
- Cover pan and cook for 4 minutes over high heat, shaking pan often (or corn will burn) until popping begins to slow down.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 2 minutes or until popping stops.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pine nuts (if desired) and chopped rosemary.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The rosemary was just a hint which I think is a good thing. This cooked up pretty fast. With Microwave oven now a days you forget about stove top popcorn. This is a leaner way of having popcorn. You don`t open a bag full of who knows what (salt, Fat, Chemicals) when it comes out of the micro! Thanks for posting this!Reply