Herbed Macaroni and Cheese
This is my son and DIL's favorite macaroni and cheese recipe. They prefer using Havarti or Muenster cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup havarti cheese or 1/2 cup muenster cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour and seasonings; gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat; add sour cream, Havarti cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Drain macaroni; place in an ungreased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Add cheese sauce and mix well.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and remaining cheddar cheese; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 11 more