Herbed Goat Cheese Sauce
This sauce is great over grilled chicken or grilled portabella mushrooms. Recipe came from a recipe swap years ago. If you cannot find herbed goat cheese, feel free to use plain goat cheese and throw in 1 tsp of mixed herbs including rosemary, thyme and basil.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine olive oil, wine, and chicken broth in a saucepan; simmer over medium heat until reduced by about 1/2.
- Add the parsley, goat cheese, salt and pepper, and garlic.
- Continue simmering, stirring frequently, until sauce is creamy and thickened to your liking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was delicious! I made a few tweaks. I first started out by sauteing half a shallot, then added garlic. Once softened I added the chicken stock and white wine. Then added dried oregano, dried basil and fresh parsley. I added a bit too much liquid so when I added the plain goat cheese I had to add a bit of cornstarch. Overall it was delicious over my chicken and asparagus.
This was AWESOME. I only had plain goat cheese so I added 1tsp dried Italian herb mix. And I used 1 tsp minced garlic from a jar instead of powder. Wow. I added a little leftover herby Boursin too to use it up. This is so versatile. I served it with spiralized cooked beet noodles and Turkish spiced meatballs. It's nice cold too! I will have it as a salad dressing this week. Thank you. It's already been written in my 'keeper' recipe book!