Herbed Chicken Noodle Soup
photo by SweetsLady
- Ready In:
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen noodles, cooked (I use Reames brand)
- In a dutch oven place the first 12 ingredients in pot.
- Cover bring to a boil; skim fat.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; allow to cool.
- Debone and cut chicken into chunks.
- Skim fat from broth; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to kettle.
- Add cooked noodles, heat through.
- Remove bay leaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, a mother and grandmother, I love to bake and I love to can (water-bath and pressure). My family and I live on 5 acres, we now have chickens and ducks and who knows what else we'll add in the future. My favorite meal to make and eat is soup.