Herbed Biscuits (Quick and Easy)
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, instant minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Pour the melted butter into an 8-inch round cakepan. Sprinkle onion, garlic, basil or dillweed, and poppy seeds evenly over the butter. Set aside.
- Place the Parmesan cheese in a large heavy duty, zip-lock plastic bag. Cut each biscuit into 4 pices; add the biscuit pieces to the bag and shake them to coat.
- Arrange the coated biscuit pieces in the prepared pan; I like to turn mine over a bit so all sides have a little bit of the seasoning. Sprinkle with any remaining Parmesan cheese from the zip-lock bag.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
Join The Conversation
These are awesome! Instead of dirtying another dish to melt the butter, I put the cakepan with the unmelted butter in the oven while it heated then removed once the butter was a puddle. I used basil and a 12 oz can of biscuits (couldn't find a 10 oz can). I started to roll the biscuit pieces in the herbs but it wasn't sticking very well so I just gave up and left the rest alone (which you can see in the picture LOL). These were fantastic with recipe #402990 for lunch today. Thanks for sharing!