Herbed Balsamic Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin on washed and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled,crushed
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence or 1 teaspoon mixed herbs (basil, thyme and oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Make 3 slashes in skin only of chicken breasts; set them aside.
- In bowl large enough to hold chicken breasts, whisk together garlic, herbes de Provence, pepper, mustard, oil and vinegar.
- Add chicken and turn to coat it evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning at least once.
- Just before grilling, preheat or prepare grill to medium-high.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, skin side down, 7 minutes or until crisp.
- Turn and continue grilling until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove chicken from grill and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Scrumptious! I had my neighbor over for dinner. He asked where this recipe was from. I told him I found it online. He asked if I was able to comment on it. I told him that, yes, I could leave a review. He pretty much demanded that I go leave a raving review immediately. heh A truly delicious (and simple) way to prepare chicken. I served it along with Wild Rice Casserole (Recipe #42899). Again, scrumptious!