Herbal Tea for Bronchitis
Supposedly works for asthma, as well.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon dried peppermint
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- Place peppermint, thyme and cayenne in a teapot.
- Boil some water and as soon as it starts to boil, pour 2 cups into teapot; cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Strain and sweeten with honey.
- Sip slowly while still warm.
- May be carried in a thermos and sipped in 1/2 cup doses throughout the day.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
GREAT! This smelled very nice while steeping. I usually like my herbal teas unsweetened but I needed the honey in this one to stop me from choking on the cayenne...I'm very sensitive to it...next time I think I'll try it without it. I did feel a pleasant warmth in my throat and sinuses and liked the flavor very much. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.