Herbal Iced Tea
Great refreshing summer time drink. This is from the Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook. I just add the lemon. Perfect for sipping on a Southern U.S. veranda.
- Ready In:
- 4 lemon herb tea bags (like Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger)
- 4 red herb tea bags (like Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups pure apple juice
- lemon slice
- Steep the tea bags in boiling water for ten minutes, and discard tea bags.
- Combine herb tea with the apple juice and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve over ice with lemon slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
what a refreshing iced tea this is! I used cranberry zinger with orange tangerine zinger tea bags because I only had the fruit variety pack on hand. the taste is delish and this smelled SO good while steeping! the apple juice makes it sweet enough to not use any sugar, which is great seeing as I'm trying to watch my sugar intake for the new year. ;) all in all, this is a keeper that I plan to make again and again! thanks for such a great recipe.
I first made this recipe a few months ago and I am just now getting around to reviewing it. I now make it all the time. I try to keep a pitcher of this in the fridge for my 6 year old. It cuts the sugar in the apple juice and it is non-caffeinated since it uses herbal teas. The whole family loves this drink. I change the flavor of the tea bags from time to time (ie. mandarin orange or strawberry).