Herb Rubbed Bison Sirlion Tip Roast
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 2 teaspoons sea salt or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 1/4 lb) boneless sirloin tip roast, bison, 3 - 3/12 pounds
- In a small bowl combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in oil until well combined. Set aside.
- Trim fat from roast.
- Spread oil mixture over surface of meat.
- Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in a 375 degree F. oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Roast 60 to 65 minutes more or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven.
- Cover roast tightly with foil and let stand in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. The temperature of the meat after standing should be 145 degrees F. (medium rare).
- Thinly slice meat across the grain to serve. Serve with roasted vegetables, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was very impressed with this. I too used it on sirloin and I'm glad I did! Most recipes call for a crock pot or a baked in the oven roast for this cut, I was very pleased to find a different cooking method. I will make this again and thank you so much for sharing. I did add minced garlic on top along with fresh chopped parsley and fresh basil chopped fine. I didn't add a lot, but enough to add flavor. Your cooking time was perfect, good job!!
Yummy! We eat buffalo instead of beef all the time. It's way more lean and better for you. This recipe is a hit! The only change I made was cutting way back on the red pepper so as not to overwhelm our tastebuds. But other than that, I did it by the letter. Wrapping it after cooking really makes a difference in the moistness of the meat.