Herb Marinade for Grilled Chicken
I prefer this marinade for chicken cooked on the grill, but I'm sure it would work for roasted chicken as well.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper, about 1/4 tsp. salt, less pepper
- 1 teaspoon savory
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Place all ingredients into a jar, close tightly, shake well.
- Pour into ziploc baggie, add chicken pieces, marinate about 4 hours.
- Grill til chicken is done.
- You can salt and pepper chicken just before grilling if you prefer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I thought this was a good marinade although my husband said too much lemon. I marinated chicken tenders and grilled them outside. With the leftover marinade I added a more extra virgin olive oil, a tsp. of dijon and a tbl. of chopped shallot and used this as a dressing for a salad that I topped with the chicken. I thought it was delicious.Reply
FANTASTIC! This marinade delivers amazing flavor! I used fresh herbs so I adjusted the measurements. All the spices blend together so well here and really compliment each other. I used this on some boneless skinless chicken breast and they came out so moist and juicy! Thank you for a divine recipe Wildflour!Reply
see 3 more