Herb & Garlic Marinated Feta
Really nice on crackers or spread on Bruschetta! Updated 27/09/2006: As pointed out by NeonPrincess, light/lite olive oil is better to use. This is what I normally use and failed to document it. Thanks!!! :-)
- Ready In:
- 250 g danish feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (basil, oregano, parsley, thyme)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- cracked black pepper
- light olive oil
- Mix into a jar with a good seal (eg. approx 200g glass coffee jar) 1/2 cup of oil and all other ingredients, except Feta Cheese.
- Cut Feta into approximately 2cm cubes. Add cubes to jar, a few at a time and then swirl oil to coat cheese.
- When as much cheese is in jar that will fit, cap jar and invert a few times to coat cheese thoroughly, then top up with more oil til all cheese is coated. Invert jar a few more times and refrigerate.
- The Olive Oil will solidify when refrigerated. Use in salads or serve at room temperature with crusty bread. Reserve marinated oil to use in dressings.
- Marinate for at least 24 hours, will keep in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more