Herb Flounder With Lemon Vinaigrette
photo by Engrossed
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 lbs flounder or 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine first 6 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over both sides of fillets.
- Arrange fish on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with garlic. Arrange lemon slices over fish.
- Broil 6 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette.
- To Make Vinaigrette:.
- Whisk together all ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family and I tried this recipe. The flavor was nice. However, the fish (we used flounder) had a mushy texture. We feel this was because we used frozen not fresh fish. Unfortunately our dinky town doesn't have a fish market. We will try this again with fresh fish. The vinaigrette was delicious over the mixed veggies we made to go with the fish.
This was excellent! Easy, healthy and flavorful. I used Tilapia and halved the recipe. The vinaigrette is very nice but the fish is also great on it's own. The only strange thing that happened was that the garlic turned blue under the lemons! Guess it was a chemical reaction? Thanks for the keeper recipe.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.