Herb-Crusted Pork Loin (Paula Deen)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From "Paula Deen Celebrates" that I just borrowed from the Library. The outside gets crusty and the inside is juicy and tender.
- Ready In:
- 1 (4 lb) pork loin, with fat left on
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, can use 2 tsp. fresh minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, can use 2 tsp. fresh minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, can use 2 tsp. fresh minced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place the pork loin on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- With your fingers, massage the mixture onto the pork loin, covering all of the meat and fat.
- Roast the pork for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 425 degrees F. and roast for an additional hour.
- Test for doneness using and instant-read thermometer. When the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. remove from the oven.
- Allow the meat to sit for about 20 minutes before carving. It will continue to cook while it rests.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION