Herb Crusted Flank Steak - South Beach
- Ready In:
- 1 lb flank steak, visible fat removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat broiler and pan.
- Combine the salt, tarragon, garlic, pepper, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- Spread half this mixture onto one side of the meat.
- Broil mustard side up, about 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn the meat over, spread the remaining mixture, and broil for an additional 3 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs and parsley, pat evenly on meat.
- Broil 1 minute more.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice steak thin diagonally across the grain.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!