photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup day old breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 long crusty breadsticks
- lettuce leaf
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Prepare and heat the barbecue.
- Place ground beef in mixing bowl and combine with the herbs, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Divide in to 8 portions.
- Shape the portions in to rectangular shaped patties about 6 inches long.
- Place on a hot barbecue plate and cook for 8-10 minutes each side, until well browned and cooked through.
- Cut each bread stick in to 4 sections, then each piece in half horizontally.
- Top each half with lettuce, tomato a herb burger and ketchup.
- Place remaining half of bread on top and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good burger! I totally eliminated the breadcrumbs and the burger still held together beautifully! I futzed around a bit with the quantities of the fresh herbs, added more basil and less rosemary, just because I love basil and am not the greatest fan of rosemary. I grilled these in my stove-top grill pan and it was juicy and delicious. I think the lemon juice really added something to the flavor, next time I might just add some lemon zest as well. These burgers are almost Greek in taste, and delicious!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/ApronSwap2007.jpg border=0 alt=Made by Bella14ragazza /></p>