Herb Broiled Salmon over Parmesan Grits
- Ready In:
For the Grits
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cream (half and half)
- 3⁄4 cup grits (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
For the Salmon
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup chicken broth with onion, salt and garlic.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes (until onion is tender).
- Add remaining broth and bring to a boil.
- Gradually add grits, then cream, stirring with whisk until blended.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes (or until done).
- Sauté mushrooms with olive oil in a nonstick skilled for about five minutes or until golden.
- Stir mushrooms and parmesan into grits.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle salmon fillets with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place fillets skin-side down on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of fillets and individual cooking prefs).
- Remove skin from fillets, discard skin.
- Serve immediately on top of the grits.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!