Herb and Mushroom Quiche - from Get Cracking!
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced (or shallots)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄16 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups 18% table cream (or evaporated milk)
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- cooking spray (optional)
- 1 unbaked pie shell, 9-inch (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- If you are making a 'crustless' quiche, spray a 9" deep-dish pie plate well with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in seasonings and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs and cream until well combined. Stir in the mushroom mixture, cheeses and parsley.
- Pour into the pie shell or prepared pie plate. Bake for approximately 20 - 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!