Herb and Garlic Triangles
photo by kiwidutch
- Ready In:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 90 g butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated finely
- 1 egg yolk
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl, rub in butter.
- Stir in herbs, cheese and egg yolk, press mixture firmly together with hand. Knead gently on lightly floured surface until smooth, cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll dough between sheets of greaseproof paper until 3mm thick. Cut dough into 4cm squares, then cut again to make triangles.
- Place triangles about 1cm apart onto greased oven trays.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned, cool on trays.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We liked these. They were relatively easy to make.. my only real problem was that I left the dough in the fridge for about an hour and it was still quite difficult to roll out, being a tad on the dry side. I did get slightly over zealous on the rolling out and the thicker ones tasted better than the thinner ones, but that didn't influence the review any. Please see my rating system: I have given 3 stars simply beuase this was "nice enough" and really not a bad recipe at all. It's just that somehow this combination of flavours just didn't suit us as well as I thought it would when I saw the ingredient list. Maybe it's a simple case of too high expectations of the flavour that would be produced? I would personally go for more garlic if I made this again... maybe we have come to expect stronger flavours since we are such garlic lovers? I think that this is a recipe to experiment with and to work on a combination of flavours (and their strengths) that I would like to have a go at later, becuase I was so certain that I would like this more when I first looked at the recipe. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Gold Coast Australia