- Ready In:
- 24hrs 45mins
- Cook 4-5lb Boston Butt Roast in a heavy pan with lid and place 2 quarts of water in pan. Slow cook for several hours. I usually cook at 250 overnight!
- Save the broth and grind the meat.
- Boil the broth but you need to know how much volume you have!
- For each 3 cups of broth you boil, you will add 1 cup of yellow corn meal slowly while stirring. Add to fast and the cornmeal will clump! In this case I used 24 cups of water and 8 cups of cornmeal. Add 3 Tablespoons of salt, 1 Tablespoon of pepper. You will also want to add about 1 cup of flour slowly! Mix and cook until mixture is done! It takes about 20-30 minutes of constant stirring to keep mixture from burning and to get cornmeal to soften. Once it is thick, you pour into pans. This makes 2 large pans about 3 inches thick.
- Cool overnight and then slice and fry. Maple syrup and butter makes a great meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!