- Ready In:
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole trout (each about 8 oz.)
- seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- lemon wedge
- Combine green onions, parsley, lemon juice, and pepper. Sprinkle trout cavities with salt, then spread each with onion mixture.
- In a wide frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain. Leave 2 or 3 Tblsp. of the drippings in the pan and reserve remaining drippings.
- Combine baking mix and cornmeal on a piece of waxed paper. Coat trout on both sides with mixture. Arrange half the trout in pan. Cook, turning once, until fish is lightly browned and flakes readily when prodded in thickest portion with a fork. For a 1-inch thick fish (measured in thickest portion), allow 5 minutes per side. (Allow same ratio of thickness to time-1-inch: 10 minutes total- for fish of all thicknesses.).
- Cook remaining fish in reserved drippings. Slip a bacon strip into cavity of each fish. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg"> src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">