Helva and Soy Gelato
photo by Wild Thyme Flour
- Ready In:
- 500 g halva, crumbled
- 250 ml soya cream
- 200 ml rice milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Leave 100g halva for decoration.
- Put the crumbled halva in the blender with the milk and honey, puree.
- Add the soya cream and blend till smooth.
- Place in your ice cream machine. ( it takes about 15 minutes on mine).
- To serve: Place a scoop of ice cream in a wine glass, drizzle some honey and sprinkle some chopped halva on top.
- a sprinkling of slivered almonds or sunflower seed also looks great.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a beautiful village on the island of Malta ( Europe) with my wonderful daughter, partner and two cats. I love the vineyards infront of my house or walking down to the valley of olive trees. ( I do pick olives every year) Some years ago I stopped working as a chef but still do a lot of home cooking. What I miss are the expensive ingredients I worked with, its rather hard cooking on a tight budget. My aim is to produce recipes that are very economical and yet nutritious. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <embed src="http://babystrology.com/tickers/baby-ticker-glass.swf?parent=Mommy&year=2010&month=7&day=28&babycount=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="120" height="180"></embed>