Helen's Pork Gulyas
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly
- 2 lbs pork loin, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1 dash lemon juice
- garlic powder
- 1 dill pickle, cut very tiny (relish size)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 -4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in cubes
If you need to thicken at at use
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 2 -4 tablespoons cold water (shake in a container to remove lumps)
- Marinate the pork cubes, in lemon, and sprinkle with garlic powder Let stand till the onions are browned.
- In a large stew pot, heat the olive oil.
- Brown the onions till they are carmel in color.
- Add the pork and brown on all sides.
- Add the rest in order except the flour.
- Cook on a medium low fire.
- Cook until the pork and potatoes are tender.
- If the sauce is thinner than you like, use the flour and water to thicken.
- Cook until it reaches the thickness you prefer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an avid cook and recipe collector. I've been cooking since I was 9 yrs. old. I am the first American from my family so I cook many different European dishes, everything from west to east. If I had a month just to do what I would like to do...I would like to cook that month with a famous chef. I also write a bulletin for a Service to Mankind organization. Since I collect recipes anywhere I can see them, I've been asked to share them with my readers. So this site is wonderful not just for me!