Heirloom Tomato Platter
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, chopped into different sizes
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup of fresh mint
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup toasted pecans
- radish, sliced (to finish)
- Combine tomatoes, with 1 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper, allow to pickle for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a frypan on medium heat and caramelize the corn kernels for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove corn and in the same pan cook the slices of zucchini for a minute on each side or until golden.
- In a blender, blitz the ricotta with half the mint for 30 seconds or until light and airy.
- To serve spread some ricotta down on a board, layer with corn, tomatoes, and zucchini and finish with fresh mint, radish and toasted pecans. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, cooking, surfing, wine, travel and fitness is what chef Dan Churchill lives for. Born in Sydney, Australia, Dan now resides in New York City where his mission is to make people happy through food.