Heathman Hotel Bloody Mary Mix
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup cocktail onion
- 1 -2 ounce brine (from the cocktail onions)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or more, if you like garlic)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3 ounces worchestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dry vermouth (such as Noilly Prat)
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground pepper (30 turns of the mill)
- 64 ounces tomato juice (NOT V-8)
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT tomato juice into blender and puree (about 5 minutes).
- Empty contents into gallon jar and fill the blender with tomato juice (so as not to leave any flavor behind!), then pour into gallon jar with other pureed ingredients. (Note: do not blend the tomato juice - it is poured into the blender just to capture the remains of the pureed flavors).
- Shake well! Best to make this a day ahead so the flavors have a chance to co-mingle.
- Be creative with the garnish! In addition to the typical celery stick and a lemon or lime wedge, consider these: marinated asparagus spear, olives (especially garlic stuffed or similar), marinated mushrooms, hearts of palm, marinated green beans, caper berry, cherry tomato - I usually combine a couple of these onto a short skewer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a delicious traditional Bloody Mary mix! I divided the finished recipe in half and put into two separate pitchers. In one of the pitchers I added about a tablespoon of a local hot sauce, called Secret Aardvark Habanero Sauce, to give an added kick for my guests who like their Marys on the spicier side. I garnished with garlic-stuffed olives, hearts of palm, pickled green beans, cherry tomatoes, and a celery sticks to stir! Drink your vegetables!