Hearty Turkey Ragu Ww
An easy weeknight dish that is only 3 Ww points. Serve with grilled polenta or brown rice....I have subbed the eggplant for other vegetables with great results too!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb eggplant, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, halved
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a large nonstick dutch oven heat the oil then add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.Cook until softened ( 8 minutes or so) then add the turkey, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until the liquid evaporates and the turkey begins to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, eggplant, mushrooms, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the oregano and simmer until the eggplant has softened, about 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Healthy and delicious! The next time I make this I will serve on a bed of white or brown fluffy rice. This has such a great sauce it needs something to sop it up. With the wild rice dish, I served with some hearty sliced bread. Thanks, Noo, for a great dinner! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #59.Reply