Hearty Tuna Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chunk style tuna
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 smalll zucchini, scrubbed, sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Drain and flake the tuna. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in hot water.
- Combine noodles with tuna, celery, and green onions.
- Blend in sour cream, mustard, mayonnaise, thyme and salt.
- Spoon half the mixture into a buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with half the zucchini. Repeat the layers.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.