Hearty Minestrone Soup (South Beach Diet Phase 2)
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried Italian herb seasoning
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup thawed frozen mixed vegetables (such as cauliflower, green beans, zucchini and or or brocolli)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat ditalini (small shell pasta)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, Italian seasonings, and a generous pinch of fresh ground pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth spinach and vegetable mix. Bring to a simmer, add Ditalini and cook until veggies are tender and pasta is al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle each serving with Parmasan cheese and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!